I’ve recommended Prescript-Assist as a probiotic for many years. I liked that it contained soil-based organisms that mimic the natural flora found in ancestral diets. However it has been brought to my attention that there are problems with this product and that there has been a massive recall. It seems the product may contain allergens including almonds, crustaceans, dairy, casein, eggs and peanuts allergens not declared on the label. Fortunately no illnesses regarding these products have been reported to date.
Enviromedica, which was a major player with Prescript-Assist, had the integrity to confront the company with the recall, and has launched Terraflora, a replacement broad-spectrum synbiotic formula featuring soil-based probiotic strains and diverse prebiotics.
Personally I never felt a probiotic hit me so fast; meaning my intestinal activity started to re-regulate itself for the better within the first 24 hours. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for you, especially your digestive system. We usually think of these as germs that cause diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called "good" or "helpful" bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
Intestinal health is a key part of my Innovative Protocol and should never be overlooked when treating cancer or any other serious disease because a good probiotic will decrease the number of "bad" bacteria in your gut that can cause infections or inflammation. It is also crucial for anyone who has taken antibiotics because it will replace the "good" bacteria that have been lost. Restoring the body’s "good" versus "bad" bacterial balance helps to keep your body functioning properly because nutrients will be absorbed.
What medical conditions are probiotics used for?
- Digestive tract conditions. Probiotic supplements may be useful in treating and preventing inflammatory conditions, such as pouchitis (which affects people who have their colons removed), inflammatory bowel diseases (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease), and chronic stomach inflammation and ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori bacterium. They may also be helpful in treating constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, spastic colon; shortening the duration of infectious diarrhea; and reducing the recurrence of bladder and colorectal cancer. Some studies suggest that yogurt is helpful in preventing diarrhea – a common side effect of treatment with antibiotics. It has also been shown to prevent or treat urinary tract infections and vaginal yeast infections in women.
- Other conditions in which probiotics are being studied: skin infections (such as eczema atopic dermatitis) in children; mental illness; childhood stomach and respiratory infections, allergies and asthma; sleeping problems; joint stiffness; lactose intolerance, and for boosting the immune system.
Terraflora™ is a novel broad-spectrum synbiotic formulated with a combination of spore form probiotics, and advanced, food-based, ancient prebiotics designed for robust support of gastrointestinal health.
- Innovative gut microbiome support
- Multi-strain, soil-based, beneficial bacteria to support microbial diversity in the GI tract
- Proprietary blend of ancient, wild-harvested, certified organic prebiotic support
- Terraflora’s advanced formulation of beneficial strains and ancient prebiotics are designed to support the biodiversity reflected in ancestral diets
- Shelf stable and requires no refrigeration
- Highly bioavailable strains are protected by a natural seed-like structure guarding against environmental factors and stomach acid
- Strains effectively generate highly bioavailable riboflavin (vitamin B2) and antioxidant carotenoids, at the sight of absorption
- Induces anti-inflammatory effects to foster gut homeostasis
- Supports immune health
Details on Terraflora:
Terraflora introduces Ribospore (Bacillus pumilus) and Bacillus megaterium EM144—novel, spore-forming microorganisms scientifically shown to generate highly bioavailable, gastric stable antioxidant carotenoids, with Ribospore (Bacillus pumilus) generating riboflavin (vitamin B2) in the gastrointestinal tract—providing 300-500 times more riboflavin than a typical strain. In addition to the proprietary new Ribospore (Bacillus pumilus) and Bacillus megateriumEM144—Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus clausii, and Bacillus coagulans complete Terraflora’s multi-strain probiotic bio-complex. Terraflora adds certified organic prebiotics specifically designed to support healthy intestinal flora, with naturally-occurring food-based polyphenols and polysaccharides, sustainably sourced from wild-harvested seaweeds, mushroom fruiting bodies, and humic acid.
Terraflora has a natural seed-like structure that encases the probiotic bacteria. This barrier protects against degradation by stomach acid, so they reach their target destination in the lower GI tract—intact and alive. In addition, Terraflora’s bacteria are resilient so no refrigeration is required, and the potency and viability are maintained.