Causes and Characteristics of Cancer - Part 2
CHELATION
Hydrogen Medicine
2 of 5
0% Complete
0/471 Steps

Modern Dentistry as a Cause of Cancer

IMG_256

Dr. Thomas Levy believes, “Infected teeth, infected gums, infected tonsils, and even infected sinuses always cause enough discomfort to drive us to a physician or dentist, but none of these are life-threatening… right? Wrong! In fact, dead wrong! They often kill, and they typically do it in a silent fashion. The overwhelming evidence in Hidden Epidemic proves that these oral infections are responsible for most heart attacks and breast cancers, as well as a majority of other chronic degenerative diseases. And even more alarming is the fact that when these oral infections are asymptomatic (“silent”), which is usually the case, they are frequently even more deadly than when they hurt!”

Though this is basically true we would have a hard time believing these infected teeth are responsible for “most cancers.” The same is true for the assertion that “All cancers are preceded by an emotional shock,” as The New Medicine asserts. However, when we include the mercury in amalgam fillings we see that dentists are responsible for too many cancers. (See lessons on Toxicity as a Cause of Cancer, Doctors as a Cause of Cancer and Diabetes and the Hun Hordes of Mercury)

Mercury used in dental fillings comes into the dental office with the poisonous cross and bones symbol on the product information insert. Legally when the mercury is taken out of someone’s mouth it is considered a toxic waste that needed to be treated in a very specific way. Thus once planted in the mouth we could identify the mercury deposits as legalized toxic waste dumps.

But nothing about the toxicity of mercury seems to penetrate the dental profession as a whole and certainly the FDA has its head stuck in the sand over the issue. The federal government and the major dental organizations pretend some form of magic takes over turning a neurological poison into a safe thing once it is put in the mouth by a trusted dentist.

200 micrograms of mercury would fit on the head of a pin.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
dropping that pinhead of mercury into 23 gallons of water
would make it unsafe for human consumption.[1]

A person with a mouthful of mercury laden dental amalgam can easily absorb 200 micrograms in a week. Once mercury has attacked cells they become impaired in their ability to detoxify and nurture themselves because mercury suffocates the intracellular respiratory mechanism.[2] The cells thus become toxic, some die but the majority simply adopt, change their physiology and live in a state of chronic malnutrition. The presence of mercury in the tissues represses the immune system, which itself has to make a conscious adaptation to what could easily become a lethal heavy metal environment.  As mercury levels increase the immune system does something very interesting for the sake of survival. It begins to allow fungi and bacteria, which can bind large amounts of toxic metals, to grow. It does this to alleviate the respiration of the cells so they can breathe again but the cost is very high for the system has to provide nutrition for the microorganisms and has to deal with their metabolic products ("toxins").

The FDA official position is: Silver fillings used to patch cavities aren’t dangerous even though they expose dental patients to the toxic metal mercury, federal health researchers said in August of 2006. The Food and Drug Administration reviewed 34 recent research studies and found “no significant new information” that would change its determination that mercury-based fillings don’t harm patients, except in rare cases where they have allergic reactions. This statement comes despite the fact that mercury is a powerful toxin that can have serious neurological effects, especially in kids. It is known to directly harm the nervous systems of children, causing birth defects and other maladies.

Many dentists, holistic adherents and even the World Health Organization say mercury shouldn’t be considered totally safe under any conditions. Exposure to mercury is known to cause brain and kidney disorders. Women of childbearing age are particularly at risk because mercury exposure during pregnancy can cause neurological birth defects. Most civilized countries in Europe have banned their use except for special conditions. In terms of mercury fillings, and the CDC’s assertion that injecting babies and adults with mercury in the flu vaccine, its seems America is not civilized at all.

The greatest health danger from elemental mercury is breathing mercury vapor. Mercury is unique in that, at room temperature, it is liquid and can vaporize like water. Mercury vapors are invisible and odorless to humans. With amalgam fillings, mercury vapor is released through tooth-brushing and chewing.

“In 2001 I suffered from an acute case of mercury poisoning due to the unsafe removal of a “silver” filling by my dentist. It was very difficult to find the cause of my sudden illness, because few health care professionals are aware of the symptoms. Now I dedicate part of my time to warning others about “silver” mercury amalgam dental fillings.”

Virginia Pritchett remembers getting her teeth filled when she was 7 years old. Now, decades later, she cannot forget the health problems she suffered for years until the symptoms were linked to the mercury in her fillings. “I was 43 when I was correctly diagnosed,” Pritchett said. “I was having severe neurological problems and going into seizures.” In 1999, Pritchett had the five mercury fillings removed and replaced with composite materials. “If those were not taken out, I would be dead now,” said Pritchett, who lives in Mineral Wells.

The weight of currently available scientific evidence does not support the hypothesis that potent neurological poisons like mercury injected in children or implanted in their mouths will cause any harm. Some people believe the earth is flat too.

Most of our cancer patients have a lot of amalgam dental fillings.
Professor W. Kostler

Mercury vapors in the mouth is another form of air pollution. Each year in the U.S. an estimated 40 tons of mercury are used to prepare mercury-amalgam dental restorations. “Mercury from amalgam fillings has been shown to be neurotoxic, embryotoxic, mutagenic, teratogenic, immunotoxic and clastogenic. It is capable of causing immune dysfunction and autoimmune diseases,” writes Dr. Robert Gammal.

[1] EPA - Consumer Fact sheet on: MERCURY – Safe limit in water is 2ppb